SHEconomy is the World’s First E-Commerce Platform for Women Entrepreneurs and Business Owners Worldwide for Goods & Services.Start Selling
This platform is for women entrepreneurs and women owned businesses &organisations from across the world to display and sell both goods and services across a variety of verticals, sectors and categories.
You should be a Registered Business/ Company/Authorised Reseller/ NGO Founded/Co-founded/Led by Woman.
The business itself need not be 100% women owned but must be led by a woman and she must be a stakeholder. The company or partnership can have male directors or partners as well.
Informal businesses/Smaller brands need to come through a registered Trading Company/Authorised Resellers led by a woman/women.
As a Trading Company or Authorised Reseller, you can of course source from everyone including women and men.
By Trading Companies we mean setting up a registered entity as aggregator/authorised reseller of small informal businesses especially in underserved regions that may not be able to handle the platform requirements on their own. That is why we encourage women entrepreneurs having this ability to set up a trading company as aggregators and/or authorised resellers of these businesses, brands and goods wherein they can make the efforts toward any/all/some of the requirements like documentation, training, promotions, marketing, packaging, shipping et al; and charge a fee for this effort from the smaller companies - either as a percentage of sales or in any other manner as agreed upon with them. We are truly passionate about including on our platform smaller and medium level businesses to empower women to have good access to global markets, and also be able to showcase their niche and unique products and offerings that may otherwise get lost in the maze of mass produced goods.
We select on the basis of:
1. Unique & Superior Products and Services: we invite exciting products & services with unique and superior qualities. We especially encourage local works and niche brands of excellent and distinguished quality to come on board. We are always looking for well-curated products and services for the discerning buyers that would not generally be available otherwise. Please make sure you submit hi-resolution images of the best of your works on the Seller Sign up form.
2. Passionate Patrons and Entrepreneurs: we invite passionate entrepreneurs who know how to brand and market properly and are passionate about showcasing their products/services in the best possible way, and are ahead of their game. We are looking for proactive people who are ahead of their game in Branding and Marketing one’s Business. Please make sure you submit high quality testimonials on the Seller Sign up form.
3. Ability & Credibility to Supply for Scale: we are looking for those with a good track record of reliability and customer-Responsiveness. Please make sure you submit customer testimonials and references with their contact details on the sign up form. For Screening and Selection, we have multi-round reviews for calculating the Credibility Assessment and assigning a Score. We take into account client and customer reviews, along with peer reviews over a period of time. Together these create an overall score of your business's reliability and trustworthiness. We welcome you to send us any other additional testimonials from Business Chambers, Government bodies, Noted Networks and Institutions.
4. Enrich Environmental and Societal Good. We are a Purposeful Platform with a positive commitment to People and Planet, and are looking for Sellers who will help us make business a force of good. Please make sure you submit your personal statement on how do you contribute toward Environmental/Social Good on the Seller Sign up form.
5. Compliance Requirements: Our teams will be in touch, post your Sign up for further Compliance requirements as needed.
SHEconomy is a B2B2C platform: it will enable sellers and women entrepreneurs to connect with customers and clients globally, as B2C; and also help them connect to other women owned businesses and services as potential partners and collaborators, as B2B. Here you can SELL. SCALE. SUCCEED. SUSTAIN.
A) Sell & Scale with Global Reach, Connections & Buyers:
With our community reach of 200,000 worldwide and rapidly growing to reach a Million by 2022, our strength is our massive global outreach to women. Also the buyers and customers coming to the platform will be women, men and everyone.
B) Succeed & Sustain with Global Community & Innovation:
SHEconomy is brought to you by ALL Ladies League (ALL) and Women Economic Forum (WEF): translating a Powerful Global Network into a Powerful Global Marketplace. You will thus also find here a supportive ecosystem that empowers our sellers and entrepreneurs further with friendly community support offering peer exchange, networking, mentoring, learning and continuing education to ensure innovation, growth and well-being of the business and the women business owners.
By empowering listed women sellers to succeed and support, we also enable them to inspire other women to believe in their capacity for creation and value creation; and
integrate them on the path of financial independence and entrepreneurship.
For Goods sold through the platform, Listing is Free, and SHEconomy will charge 10% of sales/transactions that take place through the platform.
You can choose to just list your business as a Service only on the platform to connect to collaborators directly for negotiations. Here the platform gets no part of your charges to the buyer. In this case SHEconomy will charge an annual listing fee of USD 99/per year, per category of the service listed.
Soon we will have 1000 Sellers from 20 countries. By the end of the year, we will have over 10,000 Sellers from 50 countries. We envisage in two years having 100,000 Sellers from almost all countries of the world.
We will follow standard practices in this regard as other mainstream e-Commerce platforms. If you wish to have a NO RETURNS policy, you must place it prominently in your product details and listing.
These costs must be built into the price which the Seller puts out. Shipping costs can be added separately or built into the price.
Yes you can list all your businesses separately in the different categories.
The platform language will be in English only.
Yes, listing like in other marketplace platforms will be free. But, like with them, you must meet the selection criteria including quality/delivery standards which will be reviewed and approved by the portal.
Yes, listing like in other marketplace platforms will be free for those transacting on the platform. For those offering opting for ‘listing only’ option will need to pay the applicable listing fee. But, you must meet the selection criteria including quality/delivery standards which will be reviewed and approved by the portal.
No. We do not offer listings for fresh food items and refrigerated packaged products. However, businesses such as bakeries, restaurants, fresh confectionaries, delicatessens, can be listed for contact under Services category and not Goods.
No. We do not offer platform transactions for fresh food items/refrigerated packaged products/other perishables/and those requiring quick delivery. However, businesses such as bakeries, restaurants, confectionaries, can choose the listing-only option on the platform with the applicable listing fee.